Monday, May 23, 2022

Pro-Choice Activists Know that Their Movement is Wrong

From Jessica Marie Baumgartner on America Thinker.com (Apr. 15):

I used to be pro-choice. That was before I had an abortion, experienced serious trauma, and then sat in on a veterinary abortion a few years later.

Most abortionists have been taught that the procedure is safe and helpful to women and, that if it’s not legal, women will die in back-alley abortions. Many claim that thousands of lives are saved every year thanks to legal abortion care. In truth, back-alley abortion deaths were rare before Roe v. Wade, and legalizing abortion didn’t prevent Dr. Kermit Gosnell from murdering living babies and endangering the lives of countless women until he was convicted and sentenced to serve three life sentences in prison.

It’s not enough for abortion to be legal in the first trimester any longer. Pro-abortion stances have gotten more and more extreme with each year. The lines are constantly being redrawn as younger and younger women are taught that if they cannot kill a viable baby that would live outside of the womb -- even up until the day it’s born -- that they are somehow oppressed. Anyone who questions this religion of political extremism is considered an enemy. If you’re a woman, you’re a traitor. Worst of all, abortion-celebrating liberals everywhere will scream out the false accusation that “Pro-lifers only care about babies until they are born!”

…………..

A few years after my abortion, I was working as a veterinary assistant. I’ve always loved animals. They have always been there for me even when people weren’t. It was a hard job, but rewarding. Then one day a cat owner brought in their pet to be spayed. When it was time I found that she was so clearly pregnant that I notified my boss, the vet who owned the clinic. He shrugged it off and said, “They wanted a spay. They’re paying for a spay.”

Another female co-worker and I stood by as the veterinarian surgically removed nearly fully developed kittens from their mother. They were moving and gasping for air, struggling to live. Their hearts were beating. Both of us sat and held the kittens during their short lives. We couldn’t just discard these little creatures. The biggest lived the longest. He made it nine minutes before he died in the warmth of my co-worker’s hands.

She and I cried together. We mourned their deaths and then I carried the mother to a recovery cage. I watched her, remembering how the loss of my baby, and the abortion I allowed, harmed me.

When she awoke this cat screamed. She didn’t moan or yowl like the others after surgery. She cried out in terror. She felt around her belly and searched for her kittens inside her. I sat with her, rubbing her and trying to coax her, but she was inconsolable. She had been robbed of her babies and she knew it.

I draw parallels here because it reminds me of Ron Paul’s account of why, as a doctor, he opposes abortion. These reasons are not malicious. No one is out to get women, usurp their rights, or “govern their bodies.” [read more]

If the animal would have been a dog (or any other mammal for that matter) it would have known its babies were taken. I wonder if the cat is now distrustful of people now because of the trauma. It could even be scared of people now.

Your eyes saw my embryo; and in Your book all my members were written the days they were formed, and not one was yet among them. - Psalm 139:16.

I knew you before I formed you in the belly; and before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I appointed you a prophet to the nations. – Jeremiah 1:5.

More articles on the abortion movement:

No comments: