Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Glenn Beck's 9 Principles

On his TV show Glenn Beck lists nine principles he believes:

  1. America is good.
  2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
  3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
  4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
  5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
  6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
  7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
  8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
  9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Mr. Beck wants anyone who believes in at least seven of those principles to send him a photo of themselves to show they are not alone. I have not decided to send one or not. But I believe in every one of those principles. Of the presidents I remember of the United States, Ronald Reagan would definitely believe in all them. He embodied the principles.
If you are far left-leaning then you probably don't believe 1), 2), 4), 6), 7), and 9). Principle three is iffy. The left is looking like they don't believe Principle 5) with Obama hiring tax cheats.

No comments: