Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Venture for America’s Credo

  • My career is a choice that indicates my values.
  • There is no courage without risk.
  • I believe that actions are the proper measure of one’s accomplishments.
  • I will create value for myself and others.
  • I will act with integrity in all things.

Source: Smart People Should Build Things. How to Restore Our Culture of Achievement, Build a Path for Entrepreneurs, and Create New Jobs in America (2014) by Andrew Lang Founder, Venture for America.

From the Venture for America website:

We are a fellowship program for recent college graduates to launch their careers as entrepreneurs. Our Fellows spend two years in the trenches of a startup in an emerging city, where they learn how to build a business while making an impact. VFA [Venture for America] trains Fellows to become highly productive startup employees who can help their companies grow, then provides the mentorship, network, and resources they need to become successful entrepreneurs.

No comments: