Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Twelve Trusts

To resurrect a new chivalry in modern times (more specifically, in our personal lives), it would be helpful to have some sort of template or code to guide us, and as a reminder of what chivalry is all about.
      The following is such a template. We [The International Fellowship of Chivalry-Now (IFCN)] call it the 12 Trusts.

Upon my honor,

  1. I will develop my life for the greater good.
  2. I will place character above riches, and concern for others above personal wealth.
  3. I will never boast, but cherish humility instead.
  4. I will speak the truth at all times, and forever keep my word.
  5. I will defend those who cannot defend themselves.
  6. I will honor and respect women, and refute sexism in all its guises.
  7. I will uphold justice by being fair to all.
  8. I will be faithful in love and loyal in friendship.
  9. I will abhor scandals and gossip-neither partake nor delight in them.
  10. I will be generous to the poor and to those who need help.
  11. I will forgive when asked, that my own mistakes will be forgiven.
  12. I will live my life with courtesy and honor from this day forward.

By adhering to these 12 Trusts, I swear to partake in the living Quest in everything I do.

Source: 12 Trusts.

A pretty good list of trusts. It’s honorable that there is a fellowship like this. Who says chivalry is dead. I found this website when I was researching humility in the previous blog entry. I have two objections or qualms though about the fellowship. One is they fellowship believes in global warming. Not sure how that fits in with chivarly. Man-made global warming is a hoax. Next, they don’t understand ISIS or radical Islamic groups like them. For one thing, #6 they do not do. Women are inferior to them.

Their political manifesto is helpful. It’s not a Left or Right manifesto like the Communist manifesto but a set of commen sense guidelines. A nice attempt altogether at chivarly for IFCN.

No comments: