Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Stop Politicizing Asian American Violence

Commentary From Vik Ath on The Daily Signal.com (Mar. 22):

No words can express the sense of frustration and anger that overcame me as I watched yet another act of violence being committed toward my fellow Asian Americans. From the death of Vichar Ratanapakdee in San Francisco to the recent shootings in Atlanta, I thought to myself, when will this trend of violence end?

I couldn’t help but think of my elderly grandmother in Long Beach, California. How safe would she be going to the grocery store or just walking down the street?

She came to this country as a refugee, surviving the killing fields of Cambodia, losing her husband and three of her children to the genocide before making it to America. After surviving all those hardships, could someone take her life away here in America without cause?

As Asian Americans across the country wrestle with these same questions, I could not help but feel even more disgusted by the attempted politicization of these tragic events.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., used the hashtag #StopAsianHate to tweet out, “Hateful rhetoric including the dangerous language used by my Republican colleagues and the previous president drives the anti-[Asian American and Pacific Islander] violence we are seeing across America. We must all step up to #StopAsianHate and end these attacks once and for all.”

Asian Americans are dying across the country because of Republicans and Donald Trump? Give me a break. This type of political rhetoric does nothing to help Asian Americans across the country, and further divides Americans across ideological lines.

The left’s subversion of these attacks is tasteless and downright disrespectful to the millions of Asian Americans across the country. [read more]

The Left doesn’t really care about Asians or any minority for that matter. Minorities (and women) are just props to be used so they can increase their power.

No comments: