Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (S. 2590)

I have one question to The New York Times (NYT) about the senators secretly blocking this bill. Where are you? Why aren't you exposing these people blocking the bill? Could not find any leakers in Congress? Or maybe the bill is not on your radar screen. I've checked NYT website and could not find any mention of the bill. I even searched using the bill number. Maybe the NYT did not mention the bill is because any potential leakers are on vacation with the rest of Congress and the leakers did not want to take time out of their vacation.

I first heard about this in my American Family Association newsletter. I am all for accountability and full disclosure for lawmakers. I hope this bill passes and the blockers are exposed. The blockers should say who they are and explain why they are blocking this bill. If you have good reasons for blocking this bill let's hear your reasons.

It's interesting if there is anybody lobbying against this bill. I suppose this bill would make some organizations nervous who are getting funded.

No comments: