Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Woman who walked onto highway sues Google Maps

A woman from Utah is suing Google because she says Google Maps directed her to walk onto a highway. Then a car hit her. Now, I am sorry that the woman got hurt, but is this really Google's fault? Somewhere during her walking I would think survival instincts if not common sense would kick in. 

Let's see now. Her thought processes should go like this: I am near a busy highway. Heavy automobiles can hurt me or even kill me if they run into me. Maybe I should not cross the highway. Yea, that's a good idea.  

No, her thought processes must have been this: I am near a busy highway. Automobiles can hurt me if they run into me. But Google Maps said I can cross the highway. I trust the Maps. Therefore, I am crossing the highway. 

Come on! I've seen the photos of the highway from the article. It's a four-lane highway and there are no sidewalks. When you cross a four-lane highway, you take your life in your own hands. Not a good idea if you don't have to do it. 


No comments: